Friday, March 20, 2009

Meeting me where I'm at...

The past couple of weeks have been busy and hectic and pure chaos. I'm weary and drained but in the midst of it, finding my way into The Father's lap.

I have friends going through struggles. I have children trying to get well. I have a husband teaching and leading children and influencing their lives and trying to manage to get through to Spring Break (this next week! WAHOO!). I have in-laws trying to find their way in caring for an aging parent--my husband's grandfather who is close to his heart. I have my own schedule to contend with and a new house to put together and the regular ins and outs of life--laundry, dishes, appointments, etc...

In the middle of all of this there is a disconnect between me and God. I've surrounded myself with music about Him, with His word and am trying to figure out where that disconnect is. In the process of finding that disconnect I was reminded of Psalm 139. This particular Psalm has always found a way to speak to my heart. To my soul. Its who I am. Its how I find my way back to God over and over again. It holds my life verse (Psalm 139:14) and is my CONSTANT reminder that God knows me to the very core. Knows me better than I know myself. He knows where the disconnect is and will meet me where I'm at if I will simply have Him. He'll pick up the pieces I've dropped and hand them back to me. He'll hold me and rock me.

I also had a friend--no, a man who loves me like his own child--pray over me and tell me to read Psalm 84 and to focus on verses 1-5.

"How lovely is Your tabernacle, O Lord of hosts! My soul longs, yes, even faints for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living god. Even the sparrow has found a home and the swallow a nest for herself where she may lay her young--even Your altars, O Lord of hosts, My King and My God. Blessed are those who dwell in Your house; they will still be praising You. Blessed is the man whose strength is in You, whose heart is set on pilgrimage." ~Psalm 84:1-5 NKJV

And so I sit and read that and I'm halfway there. My heart does cry out for the living god. Now if the flesh would follow and cave and let God be the god of my heart and my life...

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Beautiful post from a truly beautiful heart.

And I'm not going to say just how much I identify!

Kati said...

Wow...thanks Lani!