Thursday, December 6, 2007

Tori's Lump of Coal...

The other day we were having a hectic morning and I was doing my best to get both kids ready to go, get myself put together and make time for Mark to run by the school before heading to an off-site conference for the day. I was in the front bathroom doing my make-up when Andrew starts saying, "Mommy! Tori yucky!" So I walk out and look all over for her. Andrew was too preoccupied watching Curious George to even point me in the right direction. I FINALLY see her IN the fireplace (relax! we haven't a fire in there for weeks!). She is BLACK--and its running down her chin and then she gave me this big grin. A big BLACK grin. YUM! I haul her out, clean her up and do my best not to scream when Mark walks in the door and says, "It's pretty funny...."

HA!!! Yes, NOW it's funny...not so much at the time! And, sadly, the camera's batteries were dead so I didn't get a picture. But that's okay--it's not a picture I'm ever going to forget.

No comments: