Friday, February 6, 2009

Five for Friday

Five (or more) things we are SO looking forward to in our new house:

1. THE YARD.

2. No speed bumps in our driveway.

3. An actual laundry room and not just a laundry "area".

4. Hard wood floors throughout and not linoleum up and down the hallways (yes, there is a TON of linoleum in this apartment).

5. Having a garage so I can store actual linens in my linen closet and not storage containers full of things I don't need year-round (like Christmas decorations).

6. I can let the kids run in the house. And they can run in the house with the big tonka trucks up and down the hallway just because they like the noise.

7. The fridge. Stupid, I know...but yeah...I'm still looking forward to it.

8. It has lots of windows. And the windows look out into our yard and not out into a parking lot.

9. I won't be lugging bags of groceries up two flights of stairs.

10. I won't be lugging my 30 pound wonder-one-year-old up two flights of stairs or waiting for her to climb the stairs on her own which she INSISTS on doing when I'm in a hurry and would rather lug her.

11. We get to have a garden!

12. The kitchen has a pantry!

13. When (if) the neighbors smoke, it won't come through the heater vents in my kids' rooms.

14. When I invite people over and give them directions, I won't have to say, "Park in an unmarked space so your car doesn't get towed..."

15. When we eat dinner at the table, it won't be sitting in front of our television and won't feel like part of our living room.

16. We can have BBQ's/parties/get togethers!

17. Its still close enough for me to walk to work, but its outside of the district Mark teaches in, so there's a little "space" for him but I can enjoy the proximity to work.

18. Its within walking distance to my favorite thai food restaurant.

19. Space permitting, I *MIGHT* get to move my piano from my mom's house to our house. I still need to talk to Mark about that one, though. So its a toss up.

20. Its ADORABLE. Pictures coming soon...I PROMISE!

1 comment:

Mikaila said...

AHHH!!!! Those things are all SO exciting! (Even the fridge!)