Friday, April 10, 2009

What are my kids doing today?

Answer: Enjoying the fact that we live in a house with hard wood floors. They are racing Tonka trucks (courtesy of Gimpa & Gamma Cooke) up and down the halls and living room and kitchen. They are squealing and laughing all the way!

Answer: Andrew has a "lunch date" today with Laurie from my office. He said he wanted to take her to Taco Bell so we--HE--is taking her to Taco Bell today.

Answer: Trying on clothes. We are going through growth spirts and needing to "purge" our closets and dressers. So far, I have two bags and a box of clothes we are passing on. Yay for cleaning stuff out and making more space! Boo for growing out of clothes and discovering we need to get new ones!

Answer: Dancing. They have decided music and dancing is their new favorite past time between truck races. Their current favorite songs include "I Need You" by Evan Earwicker, "We Could Run Away" by Need To Breathe, "Arms Wide Open" by Creed and "This Fragile Breath" by Todd Agnew. Are these some of Mom's favorites? You betcha!

Answer: Learning that whining and pouting won't get them anywhere (this is a daily lesson...hourly...minute by minute???). Andrew said, "But Moooo-OOOOM!" And I said, "When you whine, I can't understand you." He tried again and again and again. And then he said, "Mom, is it like a different sound that you can't hear when I whine?" "YEP!" "Mom, that's weird." "Yeah, kind of. But that's just the way it is." He shrugged his shoulders and then said, quietly and in his regular voice, "Mom, may I have some crackers please?" Crackers it is! WAHOO!

Answer: Counting. Andrew is showing Tori how many cars they have. He loses count and starts over. Considering they have a bajillion of them, he starts over a lot!

Answer: Making me tired but making me smile!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Ahhhhhh we have JUST entered the whining stage and it is SO. ANNOYING! I shall follow your lead in the answer. "I can't understand you."

Bah, thanks.

Lani said...

Takes some time and constant consistency but its worth it. He's whining less and less. Tori is observant and starting to figure things out, too.

gimpajon aka Hubby Honey said...

I WANT VIDEOS

Mikaila said...

I love this post! What a fun way to say what you're up to. :)