Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The best part of my day!

Even though it's only 8:21 AM, I think the best part of my day already happened.

Mark & I went to Starbucks this morning (we had a rough night with the kiddos) and saw a homeless man outside. He came in to use the restroom and was counting his money and looking at the food items. I ordered my coffee and, just before handing my debit card over, turned to the gentleman and said, "Sir, would you like a breakfast sandwich this morning?" He was startled, smiled and said, "That would be so great! How nice of you!" So I looked at the *uncomfortable* clerk and said, "Whatever he wants on his sandwich add to my bill." He ordered and I turned to leave. As I was going he stopped me and, with tears in his eyes said, "Its been a long time since someone called me sir..."

Its the little things that keep us going when nothing else will.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I don't know but that the best part of my day happened by reading your post. That is an excellent story of blessing and it blessed more than just the man you called "sir."

That is so nice, Lani. Thank you for sharing. It's just a special way to touch other people's hearts also.

Carina said...

That's so great! I did something similar the other day, gave a guy asking for change $2. He was surprised and very grateful and MY day was 100 times better!
Hope your day keeps getting better.

Mikaila said...

I was so blessed by reading this!!! Thank you for sharing.

The Beaver Bunch said...

Seriously misty-eyed. How awesome that God allowed that moment to happen. Kudos to you for following his nudge! You thought you would make his day w/ the food...not the words. Way to go God! Way to go Lani!

The Beaver Bunch said...

Just wanted to check in and see how your grandparents are doing. I've been thinking about them.