Friday, March 7, 2008

Its so cliche, but it's also true!

I grew up in church hearing the phrase, "God is good all the time! And all the time, God is good". This past week it has been incredibly true for me in so many ways. Here's a quick rundown:

1. God has provided, via a close friend, a way for me to get to Texas. I get to take Tori with me and introduce her to my Nana. My mom, Tori & I will get to spend an entire week in Texas just spending time with Nana. I'm sad Andrew doesn't get to go with me, but, at the same time I feel like there are some very specific reasons its just me, Tori & my mom.

2. The details of the travel arrangements could not be more perfect for everyone involved. Everything, all the way down to the tiniest detail, is falling into place.

3. My grandfather met with a lawyer last week and things seem to be ironing out a little. No matter what happens, he felt and sounded 100% better after meeting with his lawyer.

4. I *finally* got a break from my kids last night. I haven't had one in weeks (maybe months?) thanks to illnesses, coaching schedules, work schedules and just life in general. Last night, I went out with a group of ladies and we went to a wine tasting, went out for drinks & food afterwards and stopped at a coffee shop after that! It was so great to stay out late without a screaming child pulling on me.

5. God continues, in small ways, to provide for us financially at a time when we didn't see any way to make things happen.

6. Andrew had a follow-up appointment and is WELL. He DOES carry some pretty obvious symptoms of asthma so we are to assume, until she diagnoses otherwise at his three year well-child visit in May, that he has asthma. We will continue using his inhaler every day. He is sleeping better, eating better and gaining some of his weight back.

7. We got new neighbors below us and were very concerned about the kind of family we would be living above. They are a large family, but Christians and they have small children. So far, we haven't had a chance to talk much, but I do smell some pretty amazing things cooking! I might have to go pick up a few recipes! :) We feel blessed to have them living here. My children aren't hearing a lot of language, inappropriate music or yelling (all of which we had with the previous downstairs neighbors). Hopefully they'll stay for a while! At least as long as we do!

8. This seems small, but for me, its totally a big deal: I found the greatest jeans on sale and I don't have to hem them! They are so comfy and they were only $11! One less thing to put in the "to be hemmed" pile!

Things to pray for:

1. That Andrew & Mark would have a great week while Tori & I are gone. That Mark would be able to find childcare for all the days he needs it and that Andrew would just enjoy spending time with other people and not stress that I'm gone.

2. That Tori, Madre & I would have a smooth day of traveling to & from Texas. That God would bless our time with Nana and accomplish all the things He has for us.

3. That God would continue to provide for us financially.

4. That God would, daily, remind me to call anyone I come into contact with, "Sir". :)

2 comments:

Carina said...

I'm so glad you and your Mom get to see your Grandma. And Tori gets to go too! I'll be praying fo ryour time. When do you leave?

The Beaver Bunch said...

I know that I don't really "know" you, and I don't want this to come off wrong. (From Nate's warnings, that's not a good way to start, is it?)

However, I've seen several times where you have referenced financial issues. Can I suggest that you check out www.daveramsey.com?

I don't know your situation (nor is it any of my business), but I know that b/c of the principles that Dave Ramsey teaches, I am able to be a full-time stay-at-home Mom. We've been debt free for just over 2 years and it is amazing!

From one Daughter of the King to another...along with many prayers...