Thursday, March 20, 2008

Some things can take your breath away

While on our trip to Texas, Madre and I witnessed countless small miracles. We looked back and realized God's hand was in the entire trip--every step of the way. But two moments really stood out to me and just took my breath away and the memory of them always will.

1. Watching and listening as my grandmother passed on her heritage in the Lord and prayed over my daughter. She prayed a special blessing on her life and thanked God for the calling He has for her. She prayed for Mark & I to have patience and wisdom as her parents. I sat and wept as she touched my daughter's face, hair and hands over and over again.

2. Watching and listening even more as I stood in the background with Tori as my mom prayed over her mom. She placed her face in Nana's hands and spoke to God in her own prayer language while she wept for her. I watched Nana touch Madre's hair and weep. I watched them pray over eachother and ask for blessings in eachother's lives.


We knew going into the trip it was going to be different...I'm just not sure we realized HOW different and how much God was going to touch each and every one of us in our own special way.


5 comments:

Carrie said...

You took my breath away too! What a special, special thing. Wow. You are so blessed, which I think you know but do you KNOW? That's a particular part of our own experience that STILL makes us cry. Tori can have the moment in pictures and in your heart. That's so special. I'm so glad you had that opportunity!

The Beaver Bunch said...

I got tears in my eyes just reading. Praise our Lord for supplying such an extraordinary time!! The prayers of those that love us so much, are always the most magnificent. Glad you had an unforgettable time.

Mikaila said...

How incredibly special. I got teary-eyed, too. I love those pictures, Lani, those are wonderful. =)

gimpajon aka Hubby Honey said...

Darlin, cherish those moments. I know they were special to you and your mom.

gimpajon aka Hubby Honey said...

P.S. I want pictures of the four generations... Love you Bing Bing.

Dad