Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Texas or bust...again!

Nana went home to be with Jesus this morning at about 4:30 AM Texas time (so...2:30 Oregon time). She fell asleep and didn't wake up.

We are all hanging in there, but its still a tough go. Its just hard when you lose someone close to your heart.

I leave Thursday morning and return Sunday afternoon. I'll be traveling alone this time as Madre is already in Texas and Mark will be staying home with the kids.

Pray for these things:

1. Family stuff. My mom's family is weird. The family dynamics will be mucho interesting. I haven't seen my mom's brother in...doing some math...hang on...17 years? Yeah. 17 years. He's my uncle. Sort of. So, yeah--pray for that.

2. Safety for all traveling--my big brother and his wife and my nephew and my cousin are doing a road trip and driving straight through from LA to Brownfield. I'm flying in from Oregon and I know there are many others traveling to the services.

3. Patience for Mark. That's a lot of days alone with our crazy kiddos.

4. Blessings on everyone who made this journey a special as its been. You know who you are.

5. And praises! Nana is happy, healthy and praising her Lord!

3 comments:

The Beaver Bunch said...

I will be in prayer for your fam this weekend. I understand complicated family dynamics...I live in that world too. Praising God that your Nana is whole and worshiping at the feet of our Lord. How Awesome!

Anonymous said...

You've got it! I love you HUGE.

George H. Taylor said...

Nice pic of the four generations. I was looking for that and couldn't find it -- now I have it.

Praying for safe travel Sunday.