Tuesday, December 9, 2008

So many things, so little time...

Some things weighing heavily on my mind...

1. My grandpa was taken to the hospital the other night and then flown to Stanford because there was "a leak in his brain". They were considering brain surgery but have opted out because the leak is healing itself and is so small, its really tough for the docs to find. But still--its my grandpa. And he's in the hospital. And that makes my heart heavy.

2. My step mom is doing really well--they've taken her arm out of the sling and are talking about her putting weight on her leg December 29th!! That is good thing and not really a "heavy" thing. Just on my mind.

3. My dad's job is slated to end tomorrow. However, tomorrow morning at 9:00 he has a meeting (read: interview) with numero uno in the "new" company (the company Dad was working for was bought out...you know how it works). We are praying he chooses to keep Dad employed.

4. Work is busy and it makes me tired but in a good way. We hired a new receptionist and she's doing awesome, but its a heavy burden to realize I'm responsible for her training. If she's poorly trained, that would be *MY* fault. I don't really care for having that kind of responsibility. But, on the flip side, I'm a total control freak and do not deal well with mistakes and incompetence so I suppose I should be the one to train her so I can blame no one but myself. Ugh. Sucks to come to that realization, but also a good reminder.

5. It's Christmas and we have two kids we are doing our best to raise to know the REAL reason for this time of year. We don't want them to do the "gimme, gimme, gimme". We want them to have fun. We want them to appreciate their savior. We want them to know its about GIVING.

My tummy is growling. Time for food.

No comments: