Saturday, September 29, 2007

Take a time out!

There are certain rules at our house that are non-negotiable. Not throwing your plate during a meal is one of them. Andrew decided he didn't want applesauce & graham crackers for breakfast the other morning and decided to tell me by flinging his entire plate onto the floor in a fit of frustration. No way, Dude! So he got a spank on the rear, was required to help me clean up and then headed to his room for a time out. When he takes a time out, he has to sit on his bed without toys. If he throws a fit or gets off his bed, his time out starts over. During this particular time out he was doing really well--there wasn't any noise coming from his room at all. Then, suddenly, he starts screaming "MOMMY!!! MOM! MOM!!!" I'm thinking the world must be ending and go running into his room to find him completely naked, standing on his bed holding his pee-pee that is spraying all over the place. He's squeezing it as hard as possible, sobbing and yelling, "I'm sorry!! I'm sorry!!" I pick him up, head to the bathroom and explain to him he's fine. He tries, through his gulping sobs, to explain to me that he was doing his best to hold it and knew he couldn't get off his bed but he just didn't quite manage it. Poor little dude!

But what a sight--I'll be laughing about that one for a while.

4 comments:

Carina said...

Poor little guy! He was trying so hard to obey. I don't blame you for posting it. It's one for the books. It was great to see you today. Glad you guys made it down for a visit!

Mikaila said...

Oh man, that boy just cracks me up! It was so awesome to see you guys on Saturday!!!!! Andrew's hug and kiss at the end totally made my day. :o)

Katy said...

oh my goodness...poor guy! At least he was really trying to obey! Thumbs up! :)

gimpajon aka Hubby Honey said...

Poor Andrew....It's a guy thing