Tuesday, September 4, 2007

You know you're in trouble when...

you walk into the living room and your 2 year old automatically starts saying, "I SORRY!! I SORRY!!" Hmmm...you stop and wonder what he's been up to...you quickly scan the room...nothing is out of the ordinary....you keep scanning while your 2 year old continues hugging your legs and saying, "Momma! I sorry! I sorry!" Okay...keep scanning...and then you see it....

He has figured out how to unlock and dump the vaccuum cleaner filters. Everything you've vaccuumed in the last three months is now on the living room floor in a heap behind the couch and the air smells of dust. Hmmmm...to discipline or not to discipline? He wasn't being mean. He wasn't being bad. He was being curious. He was being 2. It's what he does.

*Heavy Sigh*

I assured him it was okay, and easily fixable. However, I also told him the vaccuum filters are not to be played with anymore and if he chooses to play with them again, he will get a spanking. He nodded in agreement (I think he would have agreed to anything at that point simply out of fear) and we washed out the filters, hooked it all back together, and vaccuumed it all back up.

Silly, silly boy!

3 comments:

gimpajon aka Hubby Honey said...

hey, sounds like life to me!!! Ask your mom about 2 year olds, I'll tell you my stories later.

Mikaila said...

Oh, Andrew. :o) He makes an auntie smile. So curious!

Melody C. Bondurant said...

It is a good thing to be able to realize the difference between "bad" and being 2! Nice work mamma!

However, sometimes they know how to be so cute, you can't help but smile either way!