Friday, October 26, 2007

*deep breath* *count to ten* *deep breath* *more counting*

Today was an exciting day in the Hanson household. I was folding laundry, Andrew was napping and Tori was crawling on the floor chasing toys. I took a pile of clothes back to my dresser and heard running water in our bathroom. SPLASHING running water...I was totally confused. I walked in and a waterfall from our toilet greeted me. I gasped (okay, screamed but WHATEVER!) grabbed a pile of towels to barricade the water and grabbed my cell phone to call the manager. She immediately sent Gustavo, our maintenance guy to my door. He ran down the hall and into the bathroom to shut the water off. He then busted out a plumbing snake and went after his shop-vac. He worked and worked and worked for over an hour. Fortunately, Andrew slept through it all and Tori was content to watch the action from her exersaucer while I helped mop up the sea before us. What did we find? One of Tori's plastic toys...

SO...my conclusion: It wasn't Mark (he has denied it and I have no reason to doubt him) and it wasn't me (I prefer NOT to entertain myself this way). Tori isn't QUITE that tall yet. She crawls, but....yeah. SO...that leaves one little two year old boy who squeals with delight when the toilet flushes. However, he had been napping so *when* did he do this? By the amount of water in my bathroom, I would say sometime between lunch & nap.

*deep breaths*...

*i love my kids* *i love my kids* *i love my kids*

3 comments:

Kati said...

Fun...I know a good plumber if you need one! Hee hee hee!

Arn't kids the greatest!!!

Jodiferkay said...

OK, this was funny but I'm sure it wasn't in the moment! Sounds like it's been an interesting day in several Hanson households! Congrats on being an aunt, again!

Carrie said...

=) Well you don't want life to be BORING now, right?!

Wowee.