Thursday, October 4, 2007

Some children should not be allowed out of the house.

I was at the store tonight and was followed around each and every aisle by a woman and her cart full of screaming children.

"MOM! Sarah hit me!"

"Well Jack pushed me!! OOOO! Can we get ice cream?"

"No! We got ice cream LAST TIME! I want pudding!"

And then they proceeded to argue about it. What was mom's response? NOTHING. Not once did she say a single word to her children. Even when Jack (who was 5-ish?) opened a bag of spaghetti and dumped it out of the cart, she was silent. Okay, not SILENT...I believe she said, "Now, Jack! What did you do that for?" He proceeded to inform her, loudly, he was SO DONE with shopping.

WHAT THE HECK?!?! I came home and hugged my babies and thanked God for blessing me with well behaved children.

Why are these people allowed to have children? And why does this woman feel the need to sick her children on the public? I even heard her say, "Why didn't I leave you two home with Daddy?"

YES: WHY DIDN'T YOU?!?

On a more positive note, my son made me laugh again today (as always!). He ate lunch, pulled his shirt off over his head and said, "K, Momma. Nap." and walked into his room, climbed into bed and blew me kisses.

4 comments:

Mikaila said...

That boy was tired! :o)

gimpajon aka Hubby Honey said...

I remember "I go to sleep now"

Like mother like son....

Kati said...

Oh the grocery store!!! I just love hearing dialogue like that from kids all over the store!

Isn't it fun to walk by with your calm and well behaved kids, showing mom how children should really behave in public!

Way to go Andrew...you know the routine!!!

Jodiferkay said...

Hey Lani - Just wanted to say "hi!" I noticed the comment you left on our blog and thought it was funny...I've been checking yours pretty regularly (link via Kati's). Hope you are all doing well and glad you've moved back closer!