Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Are we INSANE?!

Did this REALLY happen or am I losing it?

For her first birthday Tori received "Elmo's Potty Time" on DVD.

Andrew sort of adopted it and has requested to watch it several times. Tori is totally and completely enamored by Elmo right now and she will sit and STARE at anything Elmo on TV. She's been watching the potty time DVD anytime Andrew has.

Last night we got her in the bath and she and I are chatting and playing when she looks up at me and, clear as day, says, "Poo-poo" and reaches up for me. I was thinking, "No way...this is NOT possible..." I pulled her out of the tub and sat her on Andrew's potty seat on the toilet and....yep...she pooped!

Soooo...we talked about it last night and we bought her Elmo underwear and M&M's for potty treats. Who knows! We'll give it a whirl and see what happens. If it works out now, great! If not, no biggie! She's only one! WAHOO!

3 comments:

Kati said...

I'm tellin' ya...everyone I've talked to, says start the second one earlier...they are ready sooner because they see their older sibling! Never hurts to introduce it, right!

Kynlee has already pooped 3 or 4 different times on the potty...not because she said she had to go or anything...I just saw her straining and thought I'd rather clean her there then in the diaper...but whose asking, right!

Anyways...so cool that Tori told you...maybe Elmo's Potty Time will be our next purchase...just because!!!

The Beaver Bunch said...

I'll be jealous...I mean REALLY jealous if your 1 yr old is potty trained before my TWO 2 yr olds.

Lani said...

Yes, but you have TWO 2 year olds. If I had two of them, potty training would not be happening.