Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Introducing Max Ethan

Before I introduce Max, I feel like I should introduce his momma.

Miriam is one of the most amazing people a person could come into contact with. She is one of those few people I consider truly beautiful inside and out. She is gracious to EVERYONE and she is kind and an amazing wife to her husband and the most amazing mom I have ever seen. She comes from a difficult childhood & past and continues to deal with family issues on a regular basis. But, no matter what, she is ALWAYS positive and she always looks for what God has for her family over everything else going on around them.

Miriam and her husband, also a Max, moved to Las Vegas last year as we were moving back to the valley. I was so sad to see them move just when we were going to be close enough to spend time with them again. But God had plans for them and He continues to bless them.

In October 2006 Miriam had Julia.

Julia is a mini-Miriam and an incredible joy to be around.

Wednesday, July 16 at 2:09 AM, Miriam had Max Ethan Doner at home (a water birth). We arrived in Las Vegas Wednesday afternoon and we were hoping to see the Doner family Thursday morning. When we made these plans, we thought she would have had the baby (she went into early labor and landed on bed-rest several weeks prior to our visit) and would be ready to be social again. I received a text message as I was arriving at the Portland airport saying, "He's here! 6 pounds, 11 ounces, 19 inches long!" I was ecstatic for them and started calling friends and family and announcing the new addition. And then I realized I might not get to see them and kind of started throwing a little temper tantrum at God. "SUCH TIMING! Couldn't You have worked this out a little better....???"

BUT...again, with the amazing-ness that is Miriam, she said she still wanted to see us. Miriam, Max, Julia and Mini Max piled into their car and met us for dinner 36 hours after he was born...


What a blessing it was to see them!

1 comment:

The Beaver Bunch said...

Congrats on the anniversary and on getting to see old friends. Cute baby!