Sunday, July 27, 2008

Part time job? What?

Okay, so Mark and I ran away to Las Vegas for four days and when we came back, it was my turn to cover Misty's vacation time at work. She was gone Monday through Saturday and we were open all six of those days. I am BEAT. I did the math and, if it was done correctly, I hit 59.75 hours this week. And then went to work at the church last night and will teach again this morning.

I miss my family! I can't wait to have Monday morning and Wednesday morning at home with my kiddos before heading into the new "late summer schedule" we have going at the clinic. I will be working Monday 12-close, Tuesday 6:45 AM to close, Wednesday 12 to close, Thursday 8:00 AM to close and every other Saturday 8:45 AM to about 3:30 PM. That schedule will last through September 1st when Mark heads back into the classroom and I go back to Tuesday, Thursday, every other Saturday.

I really can't complain when it comes to my crazy hours. We can always use the money and get our debt paid off faster. Plus, it gives my hubby good one on one time with his kiddos. And, the kicker: I love what I do and the people I work with. No matter what, this past week was FUN. We were all tired and we were all stressed (some more than others) and we were all just trying to manage. But we DID manage--because we all love being there. And that's the best part!

Okay--time to get my act together so we're not late for church!

No comments: