Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mongolia!

Many moons ago--okay, more like, 10 years ago, I went to Mongolia for a couple of months on a missions trip. Completely changed my life! But there's not enough room here to really elaborate on that.

So...moving right along.

Today, I got to see one of my translator-friends for lunch! Oyunnaa (Oh-yoo-nah) is in the states with two kids, Hurley & Jack, who were having some medical stuff done in Portland that they can't have done in Mongolia. While they're here, we decided to get together!

Another funny thing: three other people who went to Mongolia the same time I did live in my home-town. Here are a few pics from our lunch today. SO FUN! And we are SO blessed!

This is Jack & Andrew ready to race their trucks. These two are the perfect example of being able to communicate without speaking the same language. Jack speaks a tiny bit of English. Andrew doesn't speak a lick of Mongolian. But these two love to play together!



This is Hurley! She's one of the sweetest people you could ever meet. I wish she lived in the area--she loves my kids and would make an awesome babysitter!


Here we all are! Oyunna, Steve, Donna, Sue, Bonnie holding Andrew, my mom, me holding Tori, Hurley and Jack! So much fun!


Please pray for safe travels for these people--they head home soon and we will miss them!

No comments: