Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"My back is broken!"

As I've mentioned before, I work for a chiropractic clinic which is super fun and very interesting. I'm always learning new stuff!

However, the most entertaining thing is trying to explain to my three year old son what happens at the clinic. He likes to inform me, "Momma, my back is broken. Can we go to momma's work and Dotter Hulsey or Dotter Hartwell fix it?"

Usually, I say no--as much as I love the place, who wants to go to work on their day off? However, today, I figured Andrew could use a little adjustment. Plus, he and Tori are fighting this gross snotty nose/nagging cough kind of cold and, as we learned last spring when I started working there, having an adjustment can open up the lungs and make it more difficult for the cold to settle into Pneumonia. SO...he told me, "Momma, my back is broken. Dotter Hartwell needs to fix it."

We headed in and Dr. Hartwell did his thing and Andrew was VERY excited about all the "popcorn" he heard come out of his back. We headed back to the car and, just as someone was walking by, he leaned over and said, "Momma! Look! My back is not broken! Dotter Hartwell put it back together!" The lady walking by cracked up and said, "That's good news! Maybe I should go see a good chiropractor!"

Tori also had her first adjustment. She didn't cry (impressive!) and even let out a little giggle when we were all done. We got in the car and, after watching Andrew show me his back, she decided to do the same thing. Then she rubbed her back (where Andrew was rubbing his) and said, "Not boken."

My kids make me laugh!

2 comments:

Mikaila said...

I didn't even know they could do adjustments on kids that young! How cool!

I love Tori's immitation, that is too cute. :-P

Lani said...

Yep! We start seeing infants WAY early. Labor & delivery isn't just hard on mom! I've watched both doctors adjust an infant just several days old. 11 days? I think that's right. Its pretty interesting to watch.