Monday, September 15, 2008

The one where Andrew is my son...

So, you may remember me mentioning my fear of sharks. Yes, I have a TOTALLY irrational fear of these creatures. But, come on! These guys are scary!



Andrew started swimming lessons tonight. We've been talking about it for weeks and he was all excited to go. Well, that is, until he got out there and saw the big pool. He refused to go in. Mark tried and tried, but he wouldn't do it. After I got home from work and talked a little bit more about it with Andrew, I figured out why.

"Momma, there are sharks! I can't get in the water--the sharks are scary!"

*HEAVY SIGH*

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, he is MY son.

After talking a lot about it, he has agreed (for now) to try getting in the pool at his next lesson Wednesday night.

Here's hoping!

6 comments:

Mikaila said...

The title of this post made me crack up before I even read it because I KNEW it would be about sharks! :)

Poor guy... I hope his next lesson goes better!

The Beaver Bunch said...

There's nothing like transferring your fears onto your kids. I try so hard not to, but every now and then, one slips by.

BTW, I HATE sharks too.

RenoGamma said...

Lani and Andrew, I totally understand the shark thing. It all started with the "Jaws" movies. After that music, everytime I would get near an ocean the music would start beating in my head. And then I would feel the sharks. Even when I wasn't in the water.

Jodiferkay said...

Oh my, I too have a irrational fear of sharks. My heart rate jumped just looking at this picture! We're starting a waterbabies class in a few weeks...probably a good thing Bekah's still too young to pick up on those sorts of things!

Kati said...

Ah yes...how come they have to pick so much up from us??? Well, hopefully next week will go better, and maybe the "sharks" will have swam to another pool!

Lisa Marie said...

It's been too long since I was on your blog, so I don't know how long it's been there, but- I love your new header! Your fam is so cute! :) (And btw, I don't go more than thigh-high in ocean water, because I am POSITIVE there are sharks out there, waiting for me)