Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Successful Wednesday!

We went to swimming lessons early today and watched the "little penguins swim team" finish up their practice. We talked about how much fun they were having, how cool their goggles looked (or, as Andrew calls them "water sunglasses") and why they wear swim caps.

He said, "Momma! I want to swim!"

And...he did! Success! He got in the water, he splashed, he kicked, he got all excited about it, and then he stepped off the platform. Because his instructor was holding another child, he went right under! WAHOO! He was a little startled but got over it pretty fast. I just clapped my hands and gave him a thumbs-up and he was good to go!

On the way home he said, "Momma, I didn't see a shark in that pool. YOU could go swimming there!" I swear, on my honor, I have never knowingly mentioned my fear of sharks to him. HOW DOES HE KNOW?!

Sadly, Mommy is a yah-hoo and left the camera at home. Pictures next time!

4 comments:

The Beaver Bunch said...

Awesome! Glad it was better this time.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm glad we're friends.

Mikaila said...

I stinking love your son. He makes me laugh so much!

He's right - YOU could go swimming there! In your water sunglasses. :)

Hee hee hee hee.... Love it!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can't wait to see pictures! As for your fear of sharks...I just think it is funny that he picks up on it. He's so smart. :) Love you!

RenoGamma said...

Yeah, Andrew!!