Monday, October 20, 2008

Be amazed. And then be praying.

I rarely consider "meeting people online" as really MEETING people. You can't read their body language in a conversation and you can't see their eyes--eyes are a huge thing to me. Like some people say, "eyes are the window to a man's soul..." For some people, I believe that to be true. But I also believe God can move someone's heart to view things differently.

Months ago I hooked up to a blog through my friend, Jodi. Jodi had a link to Confessions of a CF Husband (there's a link on my side panel if you're interested). I was reading this blog and saw a comment left by a blog writer called "Beaver Bunch". I wanted to check it out because Mark is a graduate of Oregon State and I was thinking, "are they OSU alumni, too???" Negative--they are not. But what has happened since then has been WAY cool. I "met" Jessica through her blog. Have we met in person? No--she lives on the East Coast. But I get to peek through a window into her life and that of her super cute kids and awesome husband.

Right now, I am daily amazed by her. Her daughter is four and then she has two year old twins, a boy and a girl, and then they are fostering a 4 month old boy and a newborn baby girl. She deals with pure chaos constantly and, yet, never really complains. She deals with idiotic birth parents (seriously stupid...really) and manages NOT to verbally claw their eyes out. And when people ask her how she does it, she says she hands it all to God and that HE does it.

So read about their journey and be amazed and then be praying for their family and the birth parents they come into contact with by welcoming these foster children into their home. Check them out here.

3 comments:

The Beaver Bunch said...

Thank you so much. It's so amazing to me that virtual friends, who are really complete strangers, care so much about me and my family that you would choose to talk to the Creator of the universe on my behalf.

I'm so humbled.

Nikki said...

I have looked at this blog before through your blog. She is so amazing!

CFHusband said...

Thank you.