Sunday, October 5, 2008

Updates...

Update #1: I had kittens the other day over a medical record at my office. The good news is that the company who originally requested the 677 page file and then said they didn't want it, called back saying, "Wait a second--we really do want that."

The bad news: I had already shredded it and had to spend another three hours copying it again.

Okay--just kidding. It wasn't shredded so we're sending it off to them along with their happy little bill. WAHOO!

Update #2: I spent an afternoon making Tori's Halloween costume and was mucho excited about it. Then she woke up from her nap and I showed it to her and she freaked out.

*FREAKED OUT*

Ran down the hall, arms in the air, screaming mee-mee type freak-out. Seriously. I did manage to finally get it on her, but the result was NOT what I was hoping for. She pulled at it, turned beet-red in the face and screamed until I took it off.

The funny part is that its not what you're probably thinking. You're probably thinking, "Lani must've made her an animal costume of some kind. And it's a sleeper-type thing with a hood that has a spot for the face of the animal. So, of course Tori might freak out over a faceless animal when Lani shows it to her."

Nope. Its a tu-tu. A poofy, pretty, blue & white netting tu-tu. This child LOVES dresses. LOVES them. So I thought making her a ballerina for Halloween was a GREAT idea! No such luck.

I tried showing her pictures of babies (which she loves) in ballerina costumes on the internet. She sat with me, squealed over the babies (BEEE-BEEEES!!!) and clapped her hands. Then I said, "Look! Babies in tu-tus! Pretty babies in pretty tu-tus! Like your tu-tu!" and held up her pretty blue and white tu-tu. She screamed and pushed it away.

*HEAVY SIGH*

Maybe I'll make her a faceless animal type sleeper of some kind...

3 comments:

Carrie said...

That's hilarious!!!! Poor you though. I hate getting all excited about something I think is SO CUTE for Joshua only to have him brush it off or, worse yet, loudly declare his intolerance for it.

*sigh*

RenoGamma said...

Lani, I'm SOOOO sorry! The pictures were sure cute though. Maggie did that to me once. I never sewed for her again. I'm sure Tori will love the next thing you make for her, so don't get discouraged.

gimpajon aka Hubby Honey said...

OK, a little slow on the shreeding comment, I had to pick Gamma up before she headed North!