Sunday, April 20, 2008

Big Changes Ahead!

I'm excited and nervous and anxious all at the same time. I interviewed for a part time receptionist/office position at a chiropractor's office and was offered the job this weekend. We have been praying for several weeks for God to provide something that would help me bring in an income but would still allow our kids to spend MOST of their time at home with a parent. God has answered us in so many ways its hard to name them all.

1. The job is with a Christian chiropractor who does his best to hire Christians in his office so he is constantly surrounded by "fellowship and Jesus' love". I'll be working with an entire staff of Christians with Christian music playing in the clinic all day long.

2. The hours are Tuesday, Thursday and every other Saturday. The kids will be in daycare Tuesdays & Thursdays 7:30 to 4:30 and at home with Dad on Saturdays. When June rolls around, they will be at home with Dad. In August they will return to daycare.

3. Our daycare situation is AMAZING: in-home daycare at an affordable rate through a woman from our church who loves our kids. She keeps a steady schedule & routine and cares for the kids in a godly environment. I am truly excited for them to socialize with all the kids, make friends, learn how to learn from another "teacher" and enjoy their break from me.

The first two weeks will be difficult as my hours are pretty much full time while I'm training and getting to know the staff. The kids will be in daycare first thing Monday morning and will have to adjust almost right off. Sara is wonderful and assured me she would do her best to make that transition as easy as possible for them (and me!!). She said once they adjust to being there during these next two weeks, the routine of Tuesdays & Thursdays will be a breeze! I can't wait for that part. I do struggle with the immediate "full time" aspect of things but I also understand why it needs to happen.

We are so blessed! We will be paying off debt faster than we expected--we can't wait to see those balances drop--and we will all get to experience a little change of pace!

3 comments:

RenoGamma said...

Congratulations Lani! Must have been a difficult decision. It was for me. Sometimes being an adult is truly overrated.

The Beaver Bunch said...

Wow! That's awesome! While I know it will be tough being away from your kiddos, just keep in mind that you are changing their futures as well. What an amazing gift you can give your kids....a life of servitude to ONLY Christ rather than debt! I'll be praying for a smooth transition for all.

Jodiferkay said...

Praying for your transition! I work away from home 2 days/week and it seems to be working well for our family. It was really hard emotionally at first (for me mostly!), and still is from time to time, but hang in there my friend, it does get better!