Thursday, April 3, 2008

"I hear birds. And dogs."

Andrew has a stethoscope that was actually the one they used on Tori when she was orn (the hospital gave it to us). He loves to walk around with it listening to everything--the couch, the table, the front door, the carpet, Tori's hands...anything he thinks will talk back.

Today, he came up to me and said, "Momma, I'm the doctor. Let me listen, please." So I put the stethoscope up to my chest and took a deep breath. Andrew gasped and said, in absolute wonder, "Momma, I hear birds in there. And dogs!" Then he whispered, "We better let them out..." and he walked away. He has yet to explain to me the plan to get the birds and dogs out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Birds and dogs! What an imagination - or maybe you really do have birds and dogs in your chest. :) When I work in pediatrics I'll have to get the kids to tell me what they think they hear in their chests...that would be a fun game.