Tuesday, April 22, 2008

*Whew* I survived the first day!

My brain is tired! I survived yesterday but it was a tough, long day. We started out the day at 6 AM getting ready and taking the kids to daycare. Then I headed to work and stayed until 6:15 PM and then headed home for 20 minutes before going to the church to do childcare until 9 PM. Because my hours are normally going to Tuesdays & Thursdays, I wanted to keep my job at the church doing childcare two evenings a week. However, this week those hours will be brutal. I saw my kids for less than half an hour yesterday and won't see them for more than a mere 10 minutes on Friday. But today I get to be with them this morning AND this evening and I'll get to be with them all day this Thursday. Its a long complicated explanation as to why my hours are so messed up this week, but that's just the way it is!

I will love the job and the staff I'm working with, so that's great! Once we get to settle into our regular routine, I think both the kids & I will really benefit from being away from home and away from eachother for several hours out of the week.

I better scoot! I have to get some stuff together for the morning and make sure we're organized and ready to go for the rest of the week!

2 comments:

RenoGamma said...

Ahhhh, the life of a working mom. Things will be better once you are on your normal schedule and a routine is established. Glad to hear you think you will enjoy it there.

Anonymous said...

yay! I'm so glad your first day went well. Sorry these first couple of weeks are crazy and hectic for you. I'm excite to hear more! :)