Tuesday, February 19, 2008

6 Random, Quirky Things...

I was afraid to post six random & quirky things about myself for fear people would think I was insane. However, I've been reading other people's posts and figured, hey--if they can be brave, so can I! SO...here goes:

1. I hate bubble baths. There really is no explanation. I just don't like them. I feel like I get all hot & sweaty and then I just want to take a shower when I get out. So...what's the point?

2. I refuse to swim in anything I can't see the bottom of. No lakes. No ocean. No rivers. I LOVE swimming, just in a pool. A nice, clean, chlorinated pool. If I'm not able to see the bottom, it totally creeps me out.

3. I like the smell of Pine Sol. In fact, sometimes I will mop the floors just for the smell. Even if I've just mopped them the day before.

4. I'm a coupon clipper--its like a game to see how much money I can save.

5. I am terrified--beyond all reason--of sharks. More afraid than I am of spiders and spiders can actually get in the house. Yeah--figure that one out!

6. I will only drink water through a straw and it has to be very, very cold and on ice. It can't just be chilled water from the fridge, it has to be chilled water from the fridge over ice with a straw. If I'm in a restaurant, I ask for three lemmon slices and a straw.

I guess I'm supposed to "tag" people to post six random things about themselves. But most of the people I would tag have already been tagged. So if you want to post six random things about yourself, then post them and let me know that you did so I can go and read them and make fun of you--er--I mean, learn new things about you! Ha!

2 comments:

Jodiferkay said...

Ha, ha...the shark thing...TOTALLY me too! My family always makes fun of me. I've been snorkeling and enjoy it but always think of sharks so I don't ever really relax. We went scuba diving on our honeymoon (something I swore I'd never do but agreed because I knew Nate wasn't expecting me to say yes). One time was enough for me.

Lisa Marie said...

Oh my goodness- totally with you on #2. Although, I can sometimes force myself not to think about it in lakes and rivers for a short period of time. Ocean, though... no way. I want to learn to surf so badly, but there's just no getting past the fact that I know that if I do, a shark will eat me. I don't care if it "never happens" in the area. Things happen all of the time that aren't supposed to, and I know I'd be the one it'd happen to!