Friday, February 8, 2008

The past 36 hours...

...have felt like a year. We took Andrew into the ER--well, "urgent care"--Wednesday night because he was screaming that his ear hurt and it was bright red and his fever was nearing 101. He was also having a little trouble breathing. Got him in to see the doctor and they sent us home with Amoxicillin for an ear infection and the beginning stages of Pneumonia. I woke up yesterday morning feeling kinda crummy but hanging in there. By noon I was weak and barely hanging on. By 4 I was puking and Mark was calling for a sub for today so he could stay home. As soon as Mark walked in the door after wrestling practice, I took a shower, climbed into bed and shivered and coughed and vomited my way through the night. By 3 AM I was feeling a little better. By 7 AM I thought I was doing great. We packed the family up and headed to Tori's 9 month well-child appointment (the doctor confirmed it: she is, indeed, a fat baby!)and came home. I was weak again so Mark sent me to bed and woke me up in time for him to head to wrestling practice. I was hanging in there but am back to being wimpy again. Just as soon as you think you're managing, it hits you all over again. Ugh. Here's hoping the kiddos don't get it...

1 comment:

Kati said...

Not fun! I'm praying for quick healing for you and for the kiddos to stay "sick free"!