Monday, February 11, 2008

It takes some getting used to, but she'll manage!

Tori is pretty attached to her bottle and even asks for it when she's tired and ready for bed. But, because I don't want to have a kid walking around with a bottle attached to her mouth 24/7, I've decided to SLOOOOOOWLY begin the weaning process now. She takes a sippy and, as of this weekend, uses a straw cup! Seeing as she just turned 9 months old, I figure I have plenty of time to get her used to the idea of not having the bottle all the time. At this point, she actually prefers the sippy or the straw cup at the dinner table or during play-time. We're off to a good start!


Here I go!

Wait a second...this can't be right!

Ah-HA! This is more like it! Now...if I can just...

SUCCESS!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

haha! Cute. Yeah, J2 never went for the sippy cup. He much prefered straws. They are far superior, you know. Way to go, Tori!

Jodiferkay said...

Can Tori teach Bekah to use a straw now? That's a feat she's yet to master (she likes chewing on them but hasn't gotten used to sucking on them!).