Friday, August 17, 2007

Andrew and the prissy boy...

Quick--before the library closes, I have to share this...

Yesterday Andrew & I are checking out the play structure by the apartments when a little boy about his age comes over to join us. Andrew is playing in the dirt (as always!) and invites Austin to join him. No such luck. Austin, who is well dressed, entirely too clean and has gel in his hair (yes, GEL!) refuses claiming, "Dirt is yucky. Look at your hands! Gross!" Andrew looks at his hands and says, "DIRT! Play dirt!" and proceeds to show Austin how its done by grabbing Austin's arm and pulling him in. Austin screamed! Like a little girl! Then, he stood, totally alarmed and waited for Andrew to finish. He then turns around, looks at me and says, "He's gross!" and then turns to his own mother and says, "Lets go! No dirt for me!" And they left! Oh well! More play time and more dirt for me and Andrew.

And, yes, the mom gave me the dirtiest look ever...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I wish I could have been there to see that kid. I'm kinda thinking he would be the boy version of Monica as a kid. :)

Kati said...

I have a good friend who trained her son to be an "Austin" too. Sad if you ask me...how do little boys (and girls for that matter) grow up not LOVING the dirt?

Mikaila said...

Dirt is good for you! Everyone should play in the dirt. People who raise their kids like that make me shake my head... Let Andrew enjoy Austin's share of the dirt! :o)

Carina said...

Go Andrew! Dirt is good for kids, especially little boys.