Thursday, August 2, 2007

Packing for this; packing for that! Is anybody else going crazy yet???

We have had one crazy busy summer! Having a baby, making trips home to show off the baby, a wedding in Seattle, a trip to North Carolina, another trip to Seattle, a trip to Redmond to visit a friend and one more trip home. In the midst of all that, we're trying to pack to move! *sigh* This is our last trip "home" before moving and it's just me and the kids this go 'round. Mark is staying here to get some "REAL" packing done (meaning: Andrew isn't unpacking what we're packing and Tori isn't drooling all over the boxes while we try and pack one-handed while holding her). He's also going to try to get a head start on some lesson plans for next year. I'm looking forward to the cooler weather (it's over 100 degrees today!) while Mark is looking forward to a full night's sleep (lucky!!). We'll arrive in Corvallis late tonight (I'm driving while the kiddos are sleeping) and then we'll head back to Stanfield Monday or Tuesday night and then we move Saturday! WAHOO! What I'm having a hard time with is figuring out what to pack for the move, what to pack for the trip and what to leave out until the last possible minute. I've been doing "grocery math" and "laundry math" to figure out exactly how much food to buy and exactly what clothes to leave out for the kids and me. That way, Mark can rearrange, pack and do whatever he wants with everything while we're gone. I know we'll have enough clothes to get us through this trip and next week. We'll worry about laundry and grocery shopping on the Canby side of things.

In the mean time, I'm going to go pack another bag. What am I going to pack? I have no idea, but I know there must be SOMETHING that needs packing!

Oh yeah! Good news: I talked with the apartment manager this morning and they are tearing out the old carpet today, putting in the new carpet Monday morning, painting Tuesday & Wednesday, cleaning Thursday and taking care of anything last minute on Friday so its all ready for our arrival on Saturday. Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! We cannot wait to get there!

2 comments:

Mikaila said...

Of course I know what you're talking about! "It's like that one episode of Friends...!" hee hee hee

Good luck to Mark with the packing and good luck to you with the drive and everything this weekend! I don't leave until tomorrow night and I wish there was a way I could see you and the kids before I go but sheesh, that would take some work. I will miss you this weekend!

Nikki said...

Yay for seeing you this weekend!! I am so glad to be all moved. I really don't enjoy the packing and unpacking.