Sunday, August 26, 2007

Its Sunday again--more notes from church!

Once again, we headed to the New Life Foursquare Church. We dropped off the kiddos (both were more than happy to head to their classrooms) and headed to service. Pastor Eric preached another great sermon on Spiritual Warfare. We were reminded of little details we (well, at least *I*) tend to forget. The biggest thing I came away with was the reminder that, even when I feel insignificant, I need to step up. Remember: Satan is TERRIFIED when even ONE man stands up for God and shines God's light into the world. He will jump into action almost immediately and bring his helpers with him. They will go after you, but when they find they can't get to you, they'll go after everything around you. But, no matter what, he is fearful of what you have: Jesus is the victory. When we have Jesus, we automatically win!

We went through each piece of The Armor of God and what we can do to effectively wear that armor.

1. Wear the Helmet of Salvation: it is protection against the battle for the mind.
2. Wear the Breastplate of Rightousness: it is protection against the battle for the heart.
3. Wear the Belt of Truth: It helps protect us against the battle for our freedom (it was a stretch for me to understand at first, but Pastor Eric explained that the belt covers the loins of a man and the loins are the very essence of a man. If the very essence of a man is protected and he is free inside, nothing can come between him and his God).
4. Wear the Shoes of the Gospel: It is the protection against the Battle for our World. Everywhere you go, you preach the gospel; what version will you preach? When you wear the shoes of the gospel of peace, you preach love, kindness and peace to those around you. You fill them up with encouragement and love.
5. Pick up the Shield of Faith: It protects us against the raging battle for our true devotion.
6. Use the Sword of the Spirit: It is the weapon against the battle for our beliefs.

I came away with a better understanding of what I can use each piece of the armor of God for. How each piece helps me in my daily walk through this raging battle that is always going on around me. It encouraged me and made me feel stronger.

No comments: